Saturday 16 January 2010

"In his house in R'lyeh dead Cthulhu lies dreaming" ...and I can't get no sleep.



I recently read some of H.P.Lovecraft's writings...
Awesome stuff!!
they are capturing and awfully disgusting at the same time.

"The call of Cthulhu", "The Nameless City", "The Thing on the Doorstep", "The Shunned House",...
but it was "The Rats in the Walls" that really got me.

BUT... I would have never thought I was such a weak-o.
I must say I have a very vivid imagination...
and now, whenever I try to close my eyes at night,
nauseating pictures of these obscene story are flashing through my mind.

I was listening to happy, jolly children songs..watched comedy on TV...left the lights on..
and finally I thought I might be able to fall asleep..

 For those who don't know "The Rats in the Walls"
....basically every night this guy hears the sound of thousands of rats in the walls..
running down to the basement of his house.
Later he finds an underground city beneath his cellar, where generations of human cattle were raised and fed on human flesh....and eww...

Anyways~ I was quite successful with burying what I read in oblivion and ready to sleep..
when my BF called.<3

me:  "I've read a scary story and now can't really sleep, but I guess it will be okay..."
him: "Oh, too bad. What was it about?"
me: "Cant tell. Dun wanna remember. But uhuuu..I'm all alone and my room is makin' strange noises."
him: "Don't worry hun. Probably it's just a mouse or rat or something..."

At this point I was jumping straight outta my bed...shivering and shaking...
out of my flat.....
and for the last two days I have been sleeping on a couch at my mum's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment